This time of the year provides a lot of "admin" time at work to do all sorts of surveys and "training" at work before the end of the year.
- Jayden getting croup - He's getting better, but he still has a little problem breathing at night. He's not as bad as he could have been though. The Doc said that he's actually 2 weeks behind the peek Ankeny experienced 2 weeks ago.
- Getting sick - because of a combination of changing of the weather and losing sleep while helping Jayden breath at night I have a slight cold.
- Paper work - this includes, but is not limited to: flexbile spending account submital forms, performance plans, rebates (give me the price of the item from the start), timesheets.
- When people ignore things or don't read the signs - For example, today I went to get my usual glass of water from the refreshment center but no cups were to be found. So, I went over to a different refreshment center and brought some back. Two people during that time had told me that it was like that yesterday too. Hmm. On the wall there was contact information to re-supply missing items. I emailed them and bam...we have cups.
- Occasional Driver Training - I've been driving for 17 years (actually more when you consider driving around the farm) and haven't been in an accident yet...is it really necessary to take "Driver's Ed" each year just to drive for work?
- Ethical Awareness and Decision Making training - Actually, I'm glad I had to take this one. Case in point, Martha Stewart. I don't want to be sent to prison for being unethical. Perhaps Bill Knapp and his buddy Dennis Elwell should be put through the same process as Martha. (Des Moines Register article)
- The price of iPods - I really wish I could afford one.
- Minimal Tinker Time - There needs to be 26 hours in a day so that I can tinker with new computer related technologies.
Well, that's it. I could have made the top 10 list, but I can't think of anything more to rant about and I think I feel pretty good now. haha.